Friday, May 29, 2009

The Helio Sequence: An Interview and a review

A couple months ago I did a small feature on this great band called the Helio Sequence. The duo resides in Portland Oregon when not on the road and are currently signed to Sub-Pop records. I had the special opportunity to interview the band last night at the Music Hall of Williamsburg. Here's how it went:





I don't remember the entire set list, but they did play these songs:
Keep Your Eyes Ahead
The Captive Mind
[Square] Bubbles
Back to This
Harmonica Song
Lately

*If YOU were there add on to the list!


I'm no Matt Pinfield, but I am bald and I've spoken to my fair share of bands. These guys were some of the nicest human beings I've spoken to in my brief career of speaking to people on camera. No ego's, no irregular attitude, just straight genuine goodness and that is something I appreciate and definitely take note of. I find that being around bands and artists that sometimes they expect to be treated a certain way, and I didn't feel like that was the case with these friendly Oregonians.

Please do yourself and check out they're latest release, "Keep Your Eyes Ahead". It was one of my favorites of last year.



This video is from last night, off the album you should be listening to right now, entitled "Captive Mind".

The Helio Sequence- "The Captive Mind" from Sam Schachter on Vimeo.




Love this band, listen to this band, support this band.
t.l.s



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Follow TheLoveSchack on Twitter