Saturday, June 26, 2010

USA's Response To The World Cup



This video was created by an American student who took footage of crowd reactions around the country after the game winning goal scored by Landon Donovan against Algeria. I was in my living room.






Some are saying how this is reminiscent of "The Miracle" hockey game almost thirty years ago. I'm not sure if the intensity level was matched ( I wasn't yet born) but I feel like the 1980 USA Hockey Team's stakes were higher. 




I'm putting my money on the US to beat Ghana later this afternoon. It looks like Uruguay is the next team to beat, they look tough but I think the US can do it. What do you think?

And just one more thing, I'm not regularly a soccer fan, so I'm sorry to the "real" soccer fans who are reading this and thinking "why does this douche think he can talk about my game?" Ever since I first watched the World Cup in 2002, I fell in love with the tournament and swear that it is arguably the best forum for sport.

The Zidane Headbutt will forever remain my most memorable World Cup Memory. It also made me fall in love with the Legendary Player. I've got a love for the World Cup.



If your going to download these songs, you have to CLICK on the link, I'm not sure yet how to directly link the file to the site, if you do, holler at me:

Mystery Jets- Waiting On A Miracle

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Follow TheLoveSchack on Twitter