Monday, June 21, 2010

Sean Dunne Makes Movies

I came across one of Sean's films on Free Williamsburg a great blog about things Williamsburg related. Check it out if you haven't.


This one was featured on FW. A mini-documentrary about a bowling hustler who currently lives in Staten Island NY. Is there another Staten Island? Probably not.  He tells some stories, talks about hustling while his italian Staten Islandian charisma fuels the entire movie.


The Bowler from Sean Dunne on Vimeo.




Really well done, if I don't say so myself. If this kind of subject matter interests you, I highly suggest this movie. Ooo Paul Newman, what a dreamboat!




Going through Sean's other films I found a documentary I had watched a few months ago that caught my attention. Called "The Archive". "Paul Mawhinney was born and raised in Pittsburgh, PA. Over the years he has amassed what has become the world's largest record collection. Due to health issues and a struggling record industry Paul is being forced to sell his collection.

The Archive from Sean Dunne on Vimeo.



This is the story of a man and his records." -Sean's video page
 


I highly suggest this to anyone whose collected anything, and if you enjoy records, I think it's mandatory you watch this. If you like this subject matter, watch one of my favorite all time movies: 


Watch Sean Dunne's movies Here! 


*Just found out he went to Purchase! Awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Follow TheLoveSchack on Twitter