Monday, March 29, 2010

Fear[s] Of The Dark- Trailer/ Mini Review / Focus On French Film @ SUNY Purchase



I want to give you a head's up on one of the better events that has become a annual success @ SUNY Purchase. During the weekend of April 9-11th, the Focus French Film Festival comes on campus, screens films, and gives away free food. Some of the best modern French Film is screened throughout the campus, most of the screenings occur at the PAC (Performing Arts Center) but some are screened in the Humanities Theater located in the Humanities Building.

One of the films being screened during this year's festival, is titled Fear[s] Of The Dark . A collection of animated short films that not only frighten the soul, but provide for some of the most beautiful cinematic artwork I've ever seen on a screen.







I personally am a fan of the newly digital animated wave of films that have become synonymous with movie animation over the past few years. As much as I hate to say it, I'm a sucker for Pixar and Dreamworks animated films. In the past, it was assumed that If you liked animation in your movies, you were usually under the age of thirteen. However, the recent development of cinematic animation has proved intelligent and thought provoking.


Fear[s] is a film I discovered about a year ago when I stumbled accorss a trailer. As soon as the trailer concluded, I made a mental note to search out this movie wherever it may be screening. A year passed, and I forgot the title, (I don't speak French) but found it one night at a Blockbuster in New Jersey and almost jumped out of my boat shoes.

I'm not going to provide you with all the reasons I think you should make every attempt to see this movie, but I will tell you this:

This Movie is scary When was the last time you were truly shaken in a movie theater? And don't tell me it was for Paranormal Activity, because that was a piece of shit.

It is artistically magnificient Computer animation, although most times can be breathtaking, the art in this film was done by hand. No Computers, but pencils and paper. Appreciate art? Watch the movie.

It's French We all like to be snobs sometimes. Now you can be a one in real life and actually know what your talking about.




The film will be playing @ 10:30 on Saturday April 10th. More info can be found Here

1 comment:

 
Follow TheLoveSchack on Twitter