Monday, November 9, 2009

Cool Schtuff

A few things compel me to stop and post on the blog, but when that something/s does/do appear, I find it necessary to post it.


I came across the singer/guitar player of Tokyo Police Club's Blog and found an acoustic cover of a wonderful song by the band The Harlem Shakes. Although the name sounds super silly and an attempt to by ironic. What Brooklyn indie band is really doing or knows how to do the Harlem Shake? It's a song that in any way shape or form will make you say "hey, that's a pretty good song!". Check it out!



Hey Ladies! The New York Times reported about a new Net Flix type company called Rent The Runway where you can rent expensive dresses at cheap costs. Just don't spill anything on them because you gotta pay for it, hunnie.

What is a better marketing tool than a T-shirt? I can't think of one! Can you? A company called The Music Tee is creating an album art t-shirt where, when you buy one, you get a free digital download along with the purchase! Brilliant! My favorite so far is The Monsters Of Folk .... Just in case you were wondering, my birthday is coming up!

Speaking of Monsters Of Folk, who recently put out their new album last week which has quickly become one of my favorites of the year. I got a chance to see them last night. They played for about three hours and had no problem of blowing my mind. Here's a clip of them playing The Jimmy Fallon Show!




I've been enjoying these bands and their music videos. I hope you do too.

Wild Beasts:



Said, The Whale:



I like how Jimmy Fallon is slowly becoming the new Dick Clark.

the internet rox,

t.l.s

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Follow TheLoveSchack on Twitter